Thursday, July 2, 2009

ZIDANE GAME IN TROUBLE IN VANCOUVER


The Zinedine Zidane charity soccer match scheduled for this weekend at BC Place is in danger of being cancelled after Zidane suffered a back injury.

Nick Smith, a spokesman with the game organizers, said the former French star injured his back after bending down to pick up his child during Wednesday nights fireworks display. The organizers expect to make a decision on Friday about whether the game should go ahead as planned. Smith told the Canadian Press that Zidane's chances of playing were "50-50."

The Zidane is understood to have gone through a physiotherapy session on Thursday, but may have pulled a tendon in his back and recovery usually takes up to a week.

2 comments:

King Zizou said...

OMG...I've already bought the tickets!!I hope he recovers else my money may go in vain!!:(

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry he's injured but if its rescheduled this means I might be able to attend after all. I couldn't get a flight for the weekend of the 4th but I might be able to make it later.