Wednesday, July 8, 2009

IF ANYONE CARES... ZIDANE MATCH CHANGED TO SWANGARD

The Zinedine Zidane and friends (we are still wondering who these friends are) match has moved locations and the ticket price has dropped. The, as reported last week by numerous sources will take place on July 12th. The location has now also officially changed. It will be at Swangard Stadium instead of BC Place. Prices for tickets have also dropped from the $99 starting price at BC Place to $50 for Grandstand seats or $30 for Bleachers.

This tournament has been a debacle from the start. Everything from information about the match and who is playing to venue changes to freak injuries. As much as it would be interesting to see Zidane play, I can honestly say I have no interest in watching this event whatsoever. Perhaps it's because I have seen Zidane play twice in the past, once while covering a World Cup for the radio station and once with Real Madrid, or maybe it's because I am not comfortable supporting something that, for me, just doesn't feel right.

If you go to the match, enjoy and I hope it's worthwhile.

1 comment:

PK said...

Exactly. Something just felt wrong about it. The whole thing just seemed sleazy and that's why I didn't go.
Although I would have loved to see Zizou play.